Mike Ohrel brings home gold, John Andersen silver, and Jim Gaines bronze medals for 8-ball matches held at the Senior Olympic Festival. Congratulations to them and kudos to all our members who competed in the event on January 25, 2022 at Pockets in Tucson.
Every week couples can compete against couples in a friendly competition among QCBC members. Check the most recent times on our home page. Just show up. There is no need to reserve a table. First Come – First Play.
- A team consists of a male and a female.
- If your partner is unable to make it, come anyway since some singles looking to partner up.
- Game format will be 8-Ball. WPA rules that will be observed and are located here: https://wpapool.com/rules-of-play
- This is just for fun. No scoring or trophy awards.
- Jack-N-Jill play (You make one, your partner shoots the next shot, and so on). This format makes the game more competitive.
- Winners stay at the table to take on the next couple. If you win 3 games in a row, your team sits if other teams are waiting.
- Most importantly… Have Fun!
We are always looking for QCBC members to represent our club and compete against other billiard clubs in southern Arizona. The game is usually 8-ball. We want 6 primary and 4 alternate players to commit to being available to play one Saturday per month from October through April. So far everyone competing as a team has had a great time. Join us!
For more information contact Dennis Desmond at 208-661-3264.
The board wants to thank Sue and John Anderson for hosting the QCBC garage sale. And thanks to all who donated sale items and their time to help out. The sale was very successful and we are anxious to use this cash for more billiard room improvements.
Congratulations to five QCBC club members for winning medals at the 2019 Southern Arizona Senior Games. The games were played in Green Valley in March 2019. Peter Zeh (Gold: 9-Ball, Gold: 8-Ball Mixed Doubles, Silver: 8-Ball Doubles, Bronze: 8-Ball); Tom O’Dierno (Silver: 8-Ball, Silver: 8-Ball Doubles); Dave Goble (Silver: 9-Ball, Bronze: 8-Ball); Dennis Desmond (Bronze: 9-Ball) and John Anderson (Bronze: 8-Ball).
On August 5th The Quail Creek Billiards Club and the Quail Creek POA completed a major upgrade to the billiards room amenity. Three new professional quality eight-foot Diamond pool tables were installed. New balls, chairs, chair rails, bridges, cabinet, shelves, racks, covers and cues have also been added.
Peter Zeh, QCBC President, said, “Our club members, the POA and the people at Diamond really came together to make something incredible happen. The tables are top quality and make us step up our game. With three tables we get more play time during our tournaments and regular group events.”